Teak Root Bowl - 30cm
While shou sugi ban (焼杉板) originated in Japan in the 18th century primarily as a way to treat cedar siding to make it weatherproof, the technique—which involves charring a wood surface to render it a deep charcoal-black—has caught on recently
- We have charred the wood firstly to waterproof it and sealed the charring to give it an alligator effect.
* approx: 30 x 30 x 9
* Made of solid teak for strength and durability, this piece boasts a beautiful rich wood grain
* Reclaimed and hand carved teak root is extremely dense and durable for lasting beauty
* Each piece is made of natural forming wood - size and shape can vary
* This is Naturally forming Wood and every piece is unique. It may have some colour variations or slight imperfections. These should be viewed as part of its natural beauty and charm